Can You Really Find Top 10 Best Camping Hammocks
Can You Really Find Top 10 Best Camping Hammocks
10 hammocks for when you want to camp without a tent
There are several reasons why a person may decide not to use a tent when he or she goes camping. They may not wish to deal with the frustration of finding a level ground, unpacking the tent, and then going through the polls, pegs, and such. The tent may not be practical for the camping site, especially if your camping site will have multiple people in a small space (you do not want to take up your entire camping site with tents). Finally, a person may just want to enjoy the aspects of nature, the wind, and the stars. For this reason, a hammock is ideal. But which hammock should you choose for your camping?
Here are the 10 best camping hammock.
Hammocks for the day time
Below you will find a list of the best daytime hammocks. These hammocks focus on leisure over slumber. They are intended as spots of refuge to enjoy the sun as well as perhaps a good book.
1. Bear Butt #1 Double Parachute Camping Hammock
Bear Butt hammocks are fairly new to the camping gear market. The products have only been around since 2015. Yet, during this time, they have established themselves as a formable brand amongst some of the top competitors. When looking at the design of the Bear Butt #1 Double Parachute Camping Hammock, you will note that there is a bit of the glamping flare to the design.
- Stylish design made from nylon material
- The hammock can legally hold up to 500 lbs., but testing has shown a strength of up to 900 lbs.
- Very lightweight and easy to incorporate into a camping pack
- Money back promise. If you don’t like it you get your money back.
- It is so big that a sole user may get swallowed up by the material
- Waiting time on inventory can be a bit much as the company is a 5 man team
- Tree straps can be a bit cumbersome
Best suited for couples and larger individuals. You will need to have a pole or a tree connection so keep that in mind when picking your camping location.
2. Winner Outfitter’s Double Camping Hammock
The winner outfitter’s double camping hammock is a lightweight, nylon, portable hammock designed for backpacking, camping, day travel, beach, and yard reclining. Four color options are available: green, black with brown, black with red, and blue. The size of the double hammock is definitively for multiple persons with measurements of 78” wide by 118” long.
- Although massive in dimensions the package only weighs 1.5 lbs. making it easy to tote
- 3-minute setup design for quick enjoyment
- Holds up to 500 pounds
- Packs into a small pouch for easy toting
- Everything is included in the pack
- Attachments may be scratched or bent (however, if this occurs winner outfitters will replace the hammock)
- Nylon ropes can fray
- As the material is nylon it is susceptible to easy tearing. Be cautious of where you set it up.
Due to the enormity of this hammock, it is best suited for wide open spaces with ample clearance both around and below the hammock. The ropes do allow for some wooded excursions to use the hammock, but I would not advise such as the nylon is apt to rip on a branch or whatnot.
3. Wise Owl Outfitters Ultimate Single & Double Camping Hammock
Aspiring campers who wish to have a vast color selection need not look any further. The wise owl outfitters ultimate single and double camping hammock offers 20 hammock options (10 for the single and 10 for the double). The company boasts that the design is extremely comfortable as well comparing a nap in the hammock to “being cradled by mother nature herself”. While customer reviews have not specifically attributed their experience to mother nature, they have had a high level of praise for the product.
- Cheap price but high-quality design
- Parachute nylon ropes and carabiners included
- Many color options
- Triple interlocking stitching for added support
- As ropes are banned in some campgrounds for hammocks, you could have a problem hanging it. Try ENO straps.
- There is no covering making you vulnerable to insects.
- Once out of the tote bag, some people may find that repackaging is a bit difficult.
This hammock is suitable for almost all camping situations. It is light enough to tote on hikes and can be set up quickly. The option for single or double hammock size allows for a practical alternative to a bulky tent.
4. Legit Camping – Double Camping Hammock
Like most of the daytime hammocks listed here, the Legit Camping Double Hammock has a parachute design. This means that it is made from nylon and that the design cradles the person rather than provides a sturdy backing or taunt hammock. Compared to other similar products, the hammock is a bit heavier at 1.75 pounds and offers about 100 lbs. less than most double hammocks, supporting only 400 pounds.
- The product has a lifetime warranty.
- NO additional hardware needed to hang it
- Easy installation
- Holds up to 400lbs. This is about a hundred pounds lighter than competitors in the market.
- Stands are not included, so if you are in a location with no trees (such as the beach) you may have to purchase a solution to hang the hammock.
- The hammock is a bit heavy for a parachute design at 1.75 lbs.
Best suited for adults up to 200lbs, but preferably a bit lighter as 2 adults at 200lbs would test the durability of the product. As there is not a stand included the hammock is best suited for wooded camping areas.
5. MalloMe Camping Hammock XL Double Hammock
Ok, so not everyone is the ideal weight and size, that is just the cold hard truth. Does this mean that they should not enjoy a double sized hammock with their loved one? Nope. The MalloMe camping hammock XL double hammock is the solution to this problem. Allowing for two adults of up-to 500lbs each (or a total weight limit of 1000 pounds), I would venture to say that most people camping could easily rest within the parachute design without fear of falling through.
- Made from 210T nylon rip stop fabric
- Can hold up to 1000 pounds
- Larger but also lighter than competitive brands
- Thin cords may cause the weight limit to fluctuate
- Poor stitching has been reported on some models
- No straps are included, just ropes. Those camping in hammock based sites may require the purchase of straps in order to set up the hammock.
This hammock is best suited for the larger individual, or for those who just do not want to have to worry about the weight limitations of their product. It is not advised that you use this product in a hammock only campground as you may have to purchase straps.
Nighttime Hammocks/Sleeping hammocks
Hammocks are great for relaxation during the day, but what do you do about sleeping over night? You could bring along your sleeping bag and tent, but that would be a bit redundant. Instead of overloading yourself consider a nighttime/sleeping hammock.
6. Hammock Bliss No-See-Um-No More
Those which wish to camp in their hammock but do not want to have bugs crawling and biting them while they sleep, may want to consider the Hammock Bliss No-See-Um-No more hammock. This double sized hammock comes with a bug proof netting with 2100 holes per square inch. This allows for you to have the comfort of a bug net while at the same time no suffocating under the fabric.
- Keeps out sandflies, fleas, Gnats, and Mosquitoes
- Design has 4 pockets inside the net for storage of phones, keys, and other small objects
- Contains double pull YKK zippers for easy enter and exiting
- Customers have complained that it is not as comfortable as advertised
- Included lines are rather short, so you will need line extensions in most cases
- Must be level or you will slide about when sleeping
This hammock is best for camping on flat terrain. It is advised that you bring a sleeping bag with you if you purchase this product as it can get quite cold and uncomfortable otherwise.
7. GoRoam Outdoors Single Parachute Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net
The GoRoam Outdoors Single Parachute Camping Hammock with Mosquito net offers triple interlock stitching in the design. This gives the product about 500 pounds to its weight limit. The design can hold a 9-foot man (which currently there are no 9-foot people, so technically it is universal). Other than the weight and size features, the hammock does support a mosquito net and rather long straps.
- Includes 10-foot loop tree straps and Carabiners
- Made from 210T Nylon – Perfect for Hiking and Camping
- Tough Nautical Grade Rope with 12 attachment points included
- Customers have stated this is cheaply constructed
- Putting two sleeping bags into this hammock is a bit cumbersome
- Requires you to flip the hammock over if you do not want the net
Best suited for the sole camper even though it has room for two. The netting does allow for extreme blocking of bugs and the straps make it ideal for almost any situation. Not recommended for areas which require stands.
8. Martians Double Outdoor Hammock with Mosquito Net and special straps
If you are looking for the equivalent of a hanging tent, then this is probably as best as you are going to get. The design is made from the industry standard 210T nylon and comes with 14 rings on the tree straps (included) The supports are long allowing for you to camp in areas where the trees are spaced a bit further apart, up to 19 feet from one another.
- 100% money back guarantee to buy with confidence
- Quick and easy setup
- Mosquito net can zip up from the inside
- Small Side Straps
- Does not hold the 550lbs advertise but only 400
- Customers have stated that instead of replacing products, they offer coupons to remove poor reviews from sites
- Nylon has been shown to rip
This would not be a top selection for a hammock, in my opinion. However, if you are looking for a cheap solution to camping in a tent and are not really too concerned with having a long lasting product (more of a onetime thing), then the Martians Double Outdoor Hammock with Mosquito Net and Special Straps may be an option for you.
9. Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro Mosquito Hammock
Grand Trunk Mosquito hammocks are designed as actually two hammocks in one. On one side you have the nighttime sleeper with the no see um netting. This is attached with a double-sided zipper to allow easy access to and from the hammock. The other side of the hammock is intended for day use and can be sat upon and used as a leisure hammock. For those seeking the best of both day and nighttime hammocks, the Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro Mosquito Hammock may be what you are looking for.
- Nautical-Grade Carabiners
- Triple-Stitched Reinforcements on the mesh and fabrics
- Pro grade silky fabric for sleeping comfort
- Available in a Camo Design
- Netting can be annoying to work with as it is a thin material
- Some have received ripped netting and there has been at least one case where the net was fixed with duct tape
- Zipper has a tendency to break
This product is best suited for those who take extreme caution with their camping products. It is not recommended for children or for those which want to relax in the hammock with their boots on.
10. Adventure Gear Outfitter Backpacking Hammock with Mosquito Net and Free Tree Straps
While a lot of the hammocks mentioned have been designed for double occupancy, this hammock is more for the individual. There is a mosquito net included in the kit which comes with an elastic suspension to minimize tears. Additionally, the kit includes 16 loop tree straps.
- Lighter than a sleeping bag or a tent
- Although designed for one, customers have said that two can fit in it easily
- Very sturdy material
- Quick set up
- Zipper pulls fall off after minimal use
- Hanging straps are not long enough
- Net tears easily
Fairly universal, this hammock is ideal for the novice camper or for the seasoned camper and hiker. You will want to be in a wooded area. As the netting can rip easily, it is advised that you pack some insect repellant or an extra net if you are to purchase the Adventure Gear Outfitter Hammock.